ADMS 2400 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: Performance Appraisal, Central Tendency, Confirmation Bias

72 views2 pages

Document Summary

Reality: being aware of what"s going on around you. When you zoom in on something you start to see imperfecions. Able to focus on something speciic but when you focus on one thing you might not be aware of what else is happening. Self-concept: how we perceive ourselves; an individuals" self-beliefs ad self-evaluaion. Who am i? how do i feel about myself? . Lacking conidence in ourselves results in being more easily inluenced by others. Self-esteem: feeling moivated, conident and control of our world. Self-eicacy: belief in one"s ability to complete a task successfully. Locus of control: general belief about personal control over life events: social-self: the group we idenify ourselves with socially. Percepion: the process of receiving informaion and making sense of the world around us. People base their acions on the interpretaion of reality that their perceptual system provides rather than reality itself. Biases and faulty percepions can impact behaviour, hiring, performance appraisal and leadership.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers