ADMS 3353 Lecture Notes - Lecture 9: Reference Question, Charlottetown Accord, Cooperative Federalism

125 views4 pages

Document Summary

Week- 9: constitution and federal inter-delegation: background, parliament/legislature/legislative assembly have the law making power. Delegation of law passing power: consists of elected mps, who are given the authority to represent citizens, subordinate delegation or delegated legislation c. i. Parliament passes an act that passes the authority to the. Regulations are laws made by the entities who are delegated the authority by parliament. c. iii. Rules are made by boards, committees or courts d: delegation within the same jurisdiction, provincial: a. i. This case defined the delegating authority of provinces a. iii. Within its own jurisdiction, the prov. parliament has the authority to delegate within its sphere: federal: b. i. Wma gave the executive branch all parliamentary powers during war times, which was supported by the courts b. iii. So long as powers are not abandoned: limitations on transfer of power: Imposing or levying taxes a: taxation power as specified in section 53, 54 ? b. i. Any bills that generate revenue must originate in parliament. b. ii.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers