BIOL 1000 Lecture Notes - Lecture 10: Sister Chromatids, Meiosis, Mendelian Inheritance

55 views5 pages
23 Nov 2017
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Metaphase i: variability at recombination and actually at the midpoint in metaphase. How many possible combinations: move to opposite poles, diversity is huge. Combination of gametes in fertilization: anaphase ii sister chromatids being separated, telophase ii is where we have the gametes, separating the tetrads sister chromatids are still together. Human sex chromosomes: putting it all together into one offspring determination. Mistakes in meiosis: separation can not occur properly = non disjunction, chromosome that was suppose to stay in the cell but gets pulled to other side of cell. Non-disjunction during meiosis i: extra chromosomes and missing chromosomes, gamete with extra and missing chromosome all together, if missing in gametes cant be used for offspring. Non-disjunction during meiosis ii: everything was fine in meiosis i and then end up with level of non disjunction at meiosis ii, we would have two regular gametes. Non-disjunctions and sex chromosomes: at any chromosome and sex chromosomes, when offspring produce can have problems.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers