Wednesday, November 24, 2010 – Population Ecology
Clicker question: in order for speciation to occur: involve genetic info.
Correct answer: at least one gene, affecting at least 1 one Phenotypic trait must
- the number of chromosomes doesn’t need to change.
- One genetic change tht changes the ability for species to interbreed=
speciation has occurred
Microevolution: change in allele freq.
Lobster fishery: the economics of organisms. (refer to PP to review)
- need to maintain balance : fish only tht there is enough to survive.
- Need to answer the basic ? = the # of the pop.
Things to consider when managing a fishery
- min lobster size (body size)
- female lobsters bearing eggs must be released ( reproductive cycle to be
- # of licenses limited
- # of traps tht u can have