CRIM 2653 Lecture Notes - Lecture 27: Thermal Death Time, Exponential Growth, Chemotherapy

13 views4 pages

Document Summary

The stuff that you are trying to sterilize is affected negatively by the presence of water. Second of all, if whatever you have is thermoliabile, you are going to go with the next best thing. The one that we don"t like to use is chemical sterilization. With heat sterilization, it is rare to have a toxic byproduct. Whereas, with chemical sterilization, toxic byproducts can be formed. In chemical sterilization, you are introducing a toxin that harms bot the bugs and us. With filtration, you cant filter a suspension or a solid. Today, we are going to talk about the quantification . When i first started talking about sterilization in the first lecture, i said that sterility is an absolute term. Remember i said that reaching sterility is practically impossible. And this slide describes why it is mathematically impossible. To see if something is sterile, we can wait up to a week or a month, to see if something is sterile.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers