EN 2011 Lecture Notes - Lecture 4: Class Discrimination, Silicon-Germanium

24 views2 pages
27 Oct 2016
Department
Course

Document Summary

Female vulnerability: structures that render women more vulnerable than men, in the text there are masculine structures, but women are voluntarily silent. The novel: signs of colonial mentality, things that still refer to an older perception as well as a new conflict over wealth, security, access. Luxury homes: i(cid:374) today"s so(cid:272)ieties the(cid:396)e a(cid:396)e e(cid:374)ti(cid:396)e (cid:374)eigh(cid:271)o(cid:396)hoods of (cid:373)a(cid:374)sio(cid:374)s, i(cid:374) pe(cid:396)u, it"s situated (cid:396)ight i(cid:374) the (cid:373)iddle of the to(cid:449)(cid:374)s, wealth is not shared amongst the people for the greater good of the entire population. Female vulnerability in colonial vs. post-colonial: woman in the mansion represents old colonial order, people would have been servants; spreading of western practices, fausta in the village represents postcolonial order. Literature can be used as a critical dimension to expand our own understanding. Everyone is an entrepreneur; helps to eliminate others. Classism is represented in the head, that one is more superior to another because they are of a higher/lower rank or privilege.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers