HLST 1010 Lecture 5: 1011 - Week 4 Reading Summary - Pavith Sivanantham

122 views1 pages

Document Summary

This (cid:449)eek"s reading, i (cid:272)hose (cid:862) helter fro(cid:373) the (cid:373)e(cid:374)tal stor(cid:373)(cid:863). The arti(cid:272)le talks a(cid:271)out the (cid:272)orrelatio(cid:374) between the homeless people and the mental illnesses. There is a complex link between the homelessness and poverty in canada. A severe mental illness can lead to homelessness which is a factor of homelessness. About a combined 8% of males and females between the age of 15-25 attempted suicide at least once living on the streets. I believe it is tough for hospitals and shelters to take in everyone who is dealing with mental illnesses on the streets. Because of the rehab, and long-term care that is require, can be costly of the healthcare and take up beds in the hospital. If they go to shelters, the shelters may not have all the resources to support everyone who walks in, and they end to limit people. I work with a client- e(cid:448)a"s i(cid:374)itiati(cid:448)es for the ho(cid:373)eless youths.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers