ITEC 4040 Lecture Notes - Lecture 4: Tree Structure, Natural Language, Model Checking

15 views7 pages

Document Summary

Interconnected subsystems: tree structure, divide and conquer. Ignores inconvenient details, simplifies analysis, treats diff entities equally: process of naming composite objects and deal with them as unique entities. Re involves a lot of modeling: more than just a description, there will always be something in the model that aren"t represented in the application domain and vice versa. Modelling philosophies: system (traditional/structured approach, objects, agents, goals. Specification-oriented modelling techniques i. e. dfd, decision table, state chart, external events, er, data dictionaries. External agents: noun that interacts w/ system, defines the boundary/scope of a system being modeled, as the scope changes, external agents may become new processes, format: descriptive, singular noun i. e. office, dept, division, agency, users. "data rest" compared to data flow which is data in motion i. e. person, places, objects, events, concepts: format: plural noun. Dfd vs flowchart: dfd show the flow of data through a system.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers