Management
Course
MGMT 1050
Professor
All Professors
Semester
Winter

Description
228Fundamentals of Hypothesis Testing OneSample TestsCHAPTER 9 FUNDAMENTALS OF HYPOTHESIS TESTING ONESAMPLE TESTS1Which of the following would be an appropriate null hypothesisaThe mean of a population is equal to 55 bThe mean of a sample is equal to 55cThe mean of a population is greater than 55dOnly a and c are trueANSWERaTYPE MCDIFFICULTY EasyKEYWORDS form of hypothesis2Which of the following would be an appropriate null hypothesisaThe population proportion is less than 065 bThe sample proportion is less than 065cThe population proportion is no less than 065dThe sample proportion is no less than 065ANSWERcTYPE MCDIFFICULTY EasyKEYWORDS form of hypothesis3Which of the following would be an appropriate alternative hypothesisaThe mean of a population is equal to 55 bThe mean of a sample is equal to 55cThe mean of a population is greater than 55dThe mean of a sample is greater than 55ANSWERcTYPE MCDIFFICULTY EasyKEYWORDS form of hypothesis4Which of the following would be an appropriate alternative hypothesisaThe population proportion is less than 065 bThe sample proportion is less than 065cThe population proportion is no less than 065dThe sample proportion is no less than 065ANSWERaTYPE MCDIFFICULTY EasyKEYWORDS form of hypothesis229Fundamentals of Hypothesis Testing OneSample Tests5A Type II error is committed whenawe reject a null hypothesis that is truebwe dont reject a null hypothesis that is truecwe reject a null hypothesis that is falsedwe dont reject a null hypothesis that is falseANSWERdTYPE MCDIFFICULTY EasyKEYWORDS type II error6A Type I error is committed whenawe reject a null hypothesis that is truebwe dont reject a null hypothesis that is truecwe reject a null hypothesis that is falsedwe dont reject a null hypothesis that is falseANSWERaTYPE MCDIFFICULTY EasyKEYWORDS type I error7The power of a test is measured by its capability ofarejecting a null hypothesis that is truebnot rejecting a null hypothesis that is truecrejecting a null hypothesis that is falsednot rejecting a null hypothesis that is falseANSWERcTYPE MCDIFFICULTY EasyKEYWORDS powerm8If we are performing a twotailed test of whether100 the probability of detecting a shift of the mean to 105 will bethe probability of detecting a shift of the mean to 110aless thanbgreater thancequal todnot comparable toANSWERaTYPE MCDIFFICULTY ModerateKEYWORDS powerFundamentals of Hypothesis Testing OneSample Tests2309True or False For a given level of significance if the sample size is increased the power of the test will increaseANSWERTrueTYPE TFDIFFICULTY ModerateKEYWORDS power level of significance sample size10True or False For a given level of significance if the sample size is increased the probability of committing a Type I error will increaseANSWERFalseTYPE TFDIFFICULTY ModerateKEYWORDS level of significance sample size type I error11True or False For a given level of significance if the sample size is increased the probability of committing a Type II error will increaseANSWERFalseTYPE TFDIFFICULTY ModerateKEYWORDS level of significance sample size type II error12True or False For a given sample size the probability of committing a Type II error will increase when the probability of committing a Type I error is reducedANSWERTrueTYPE TFDIFFICULTY ModerateKEYWORDS sample size type I error type II error13If an economist wishes to determine whether there is evidence that average family income in a community exceeds 25000aeither a onetailed or twotailed test could be used with equivalent resultsba onetailed test should be utilizedca twotailed test should be utilizeddnone of the aboveANSWERbTYPE MCDIFFICULTY EasyKEYWORDS onetailed test
More Less

Related notes for MGMT 1050

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit