NATS 1575 Lecture Notes - Lecture 8: Depressant, Psychological Dependence, Oxycodone

39 views9 pages

Document Summary

This effects functions such as blood pressure, pulse rate and breathing rate. Oxycontin is prescribed to a million patients for treatment of chronic pain. Methadone is another well-known synthetic opiate, which is pharmacologically related to heroin. It appears to eliminate the addict"s desire for heroin while producing minimal side effects. The thc- rich resin is known as hashish: the thc concentration ranges from 8-14, hashish oil (boiling hashish) leaves a potent residue with thc concentration of 15-60% Marijuana does not cause physical dependency, but the risk of harm is in heavy, long- term use. Lsd: lsd- most widely known hallucinogen, synthetically derived from a fungus, ergot, highly potent! 25 micrograms is enough to cause vivid hallucinations! Powerful psychoactive drug: synesthesia- sound appearing as hallucinatory visions ( i clapped my hands & saw sound waves passing before my eyes! Half life: half life is the amount of time required for one half of a substance to react.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers