Video questions – Tycho Brahe, Johannes Kepler & Planetary Motion
1. When was Kepler born? ___1571________
2. In Gratz, he works as _______mathematics teacher_______
3. In 1596, he published _________Mysterium______________
4. What was Tycho Brahe’s model for the universe? hybrid
5. Which planet proved most problematic in all models of the universe? _______Mars____________
6. Brahe was court astronomer in Hven, then left in ____1597____ and moved to ______Prague________ to
become court astronomer for Rudolph II.
7. Whom did Brahe hire as an assistant?________Johannes Kepler____________
8. Did Kepler & Brahe have a good relationship? ______No______
9. Why did Kepler want to work for Brahe? To get the extensive and accurate data
10. What did Kepler do with Brahe’s data after Brahe died?
11. What are Kepler’s first two laws? Elliptic, faster when closer
12. Kepler published his work in _______1609_____________.
13. Why did the planets move, according to Kepler?
14. In 1619 Kepler published his 3rd law in Harmony of the World. Describe the 3rd Law.
15. How did Kepler’s 3rd law influence the work of Isaac Newtons