PSYC 1010 Lecture Notes - Lecture 9: Cognitive Revolution, Cognitive Psychology, Behaviorism

33 views4 pages
10 Jan 2020
Department
Course
Professor
naya-2002 and 39638 others unlocked
PSYC 1010 Full Course Notes
PSYC 1010 Full Course Notes
Verified Note
63 documents

Document Summary

Lecture 9 language and cognition: cognitive revolution, structuralism focused on the mind through introspection which was dismissed, behaviourism focused only on overt responses and dismissed the idea of the mind"s importance (cognition, memory, subconscious, emotions). Interpersonal function (the act of communicating has an effect on relationships and emotions: creative language. Hafta is a sloppy form of have to so i hafta sleep = i have to sleep : however, i have two sheep i hafta sheep even though they sound similar. These differences are sometimes used to justify racist/sexist attitudes. They begin to start putting words together: throw ball not ball throw , the reason for the two word limit is short-term memory limitations. Longer utterances: now the child learns to use functors (and, -ed, the, -s, errors begin to appear here as well, overgeneralizations. More prevalent in western cultures: holistic thinking involves understanding a system by looking at it as a whole on a large scale.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers