PSYC 2120 Lecture Notes - Lecture 4: Attitude Change, Psych, Cognitive Dissonance

18 views2 pages

Document Summary

Topics covered for the lecture: social motivation. The judgements we make of others are in terms of responsibility. Social motivation: how we judge others and use those judgements to interact with others. Weiner"s attributional theory of social conduct: responsibility: someone who has done something negative but particularly something negative against you. First thing we do is to determine whether you are responsible for it or no. All causes vary along two dimensions: locus: is the extent to which the cause you come up with is a function of you or the environment. Things that are related to you are internal and environment is external: volitional: is your free will, something you can control. Locus and control contribute to judgement of responsibility. The more responsibility the more anger i have for you. Mitigators- a lot of different kind of mitigators. If i am upset, then i am more likely to act antisocially and less prosocially.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers