SOSC 3921 Lecture Notes - Lecture 9: Standing Rock Indian Reservation, Bakken Pipeline, Lubicon Lake Indian Nation

36 views2 pages

Document Summary

Winona laduke there is a direct relationship between the loss of cultural diversity and the loss of biodiversity. Wherever indigenous peoples still remain, there is also a corresponding enclave of biodiversity : relationship between cultural diversity and biodiversity, because of globalization many cultures are becoming more westernized. Reasons: biodiversity is essential for maintaining traditional indigenous life ways and teaching, indigenous teachings of respect and reciprocity promote local biodiversity. If you do not have biodiversity it is hard to live off the land. Viola cordova we know that we are temporary transitory creatures inhabiting a less transitory world. At my feet," say some eastern tribes, and connected to me are seven generations. " i came into existence and found a world of beauty. I will go out of existence and must leave for those who come after me, even to the seventh generation, a world of beauty, a fertile world, my world.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers