SOCI 3630 Lecture Notes - Transdisciplinarity, European Colonialism, Edward Said

73 views3 pages

Document Summary

Postmodernism: a term applied to a wide-range set of developments in contemporary critical theory, philosophy, architecture, art, literature, culture, etc, postmodernism has emerged as an area of academic study since the mid. Implications for educational research: the use of multiple frames of reference and units of analysis, the importance of multidisciplinarity, interdisciplinary, and transdisciplinarity, inaccessibility of language, poverty of empirical research. October 23rd, 2013: emphasizes on identity and the processes of changing identity, work of edward said on orientalism and homi bhabha on hybridity . Italian, german, african diaspora: post colonialism is a theory and a method of research constructed around the. Colonialism vs. postcolonial condition: frantz fanon (1925-1961) native of martinique, caribbean americas, the psychology of colonialism, the role of violence, colonization of the mind. October 23rd, 2013: colonization of thought, black skin, white masks (1952, the wretched of the earth (1961, my final prayer: o my body, make of me always a man who questions! , w. e. b.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers