Class Notes (920,544)
CA (542,291)
York (38,392)
THEA (134)
THEA 1900 (7)
Lecture 5

THEA 1900 Lecture 5: Theatre and Perf Play list (2) and instructions (2015)

6 Pages

Department
Theatre
Course Code
THEA 1900
Professor
Alberto Guevara

This preview shows pages 1-2. Sign up to view the full 6 pages of the document.
THEATRE AND PERFORMANCE (PLAY) #2
THEA1900
You will attend ONE of the following theatre performances. Your in-class hours for the
week of January 30th are cancelled for this assignment, but you must attend any of the
performances listed here BEFORE THE 6h of February in order to participate in the
online forum discussion between February 6th to February 11th (forum discussion is
marked and will take place from Noon the 6th of February to February 11th Midnight).
You can also suggest a performance or play to attend that would fit the criteria of the
course. You are responsible for reserving and/or buying your ticket ahead of time.
1. Tarragon Theatre Jan 6 – Feb 15, 2015 in the Mainspace
Waiting Room
by Diane Flacks
directed by Richard Greenblatt
Jan 6 – Feb 15, 2015 in the Mainspace
Opens Wednesday, January 14, 2015
Hope is the thing with feathers – That perches in the soul – And sings the tune without
the words – And never stops – At all.
–Emily Dickinson
What are you willing to risk to save a life? A doctor embarks on a ground breaking
medical experiment despite the objections of his colleagues. Meanwhile, a couple is torn
about whether the doctor has what it takes to save their baby. This is a play about life in
the waiting room of a major children’s hospital. This is a play about medical compassion
and risk. This is a play about families who find the will to keep going. This is a play
about the needs of the heart and the extremes of medicine. This is a play about breaking
the rules. This is a play about hope.
2. Buddies in Bad Times Theatre
HER2
Opening
Tuesday, January 13, 2015
Closing
Sunday, February 01, 2015
Address
find more resources at oneclass.com
12 Alexander St, Toronto
Company
Buddies in Bad Times Theatre - Nightwood Theatre -
http://buddiesinbadtimes.com/
Phone
416-975-8555
Category
Play - Canadian Writer - Premiere - World -
Detail Show Times
Tues-Sat at 8:00 pm, Sat/Sun at 2:00 pm

Faced with an aggressive form of breast cancer, a group of women are recruited for a
clinical drug trial. While the researcher measures its progress, the subjects of her
experiment for an unbreakable bond characterized not by medical statistics but by
courage, wisdom, and humour. An epic story of survival from Canada's national women's
theatre company.
3. Berkerly St Theatre
The Seagull
Opening
Sunday, January 11, 2015
Closing
Sunday, February 08, 2015
Venue
Address
26 Berkeley St, Toronto
https://www.canadianstage.com/online/seagull
Phone

A play about the cruelty of love - a story about how we create stories - and about the
heartbreakingly wide expanse between the life we live and the life we long for.
Chekhov's The Seagull was a spectacular failure when it premiered in 1895, but has
survived to become one of the masterpieces of the modern era. Starring Yanna McIntosh,
Eric Peterson, Tom Rooney and Bahia Watson, Crow's Theatres award-winning director
Chris Abraham will bring to life this astonishingly contemporary play about a family at
the end of era, facing an uncertain future. Following 2013's Someone Else and Winners
and Losers, Crow's Theatre presents another powerful production at the Berkeley Street
Theatre.
4. Alumnae Theatre - Main Stage

Loved by over 2.2 million students

Over 90% improved by at least one letter grade.

Leah — University of Toronto

OneClass has been such a huge help in my studies at UofT especially since I am a transfer student. OneClass is the study buddy I never had before and definitely gives me the extra push to get from a B to an A!

Leah — University of Toronto
Saarim — University of Michigan

Balancing social life With academics can be difficult, that is why I'm so glad that OneClass is out there where I can find the top notes for all of my classes. Now I can be the all-star student I want to be.

Saarim — University of Michigan
Jenna — University of Wisconsin

As a college student living on a college budget, I love how easy it is to earn gift cards just by submitting my notes.

Jenna — University of Wisconsin
Anne — University of California

OneClass has allowed me to catch up with my most difficult course! #lifesaver

Anne — University of California
Description
THEATRE AND PERFORMANCE (PLAY) #2 THEA1900 You will attend ONE of the following theatre performances. Your in-class hours for the week of January 30th are cancelled for this assignment, but you must attend any of the performances listed here BEFORE THE 6 of February in order to participate in the online forum discussion between February 6th to February 11 (forum discussion is th th marked and will take place from Noon the 6 of February to February 11 Midnight). You can also suggest a performance or play to attend that would fit the criteria of the course. You are responsible for reserving and/or buying your ticket ahead of time. 1. Tarragon Theatre J an 6 – Feb 15, 2015 in the Mainspace Waiting Room by Diane Flacks directed by Richard Greenblatt Jan 6 – Feb 15, 2015 in the Mainspace Opens Wednesday, January 14, 2015 Hope is the thing with feathers – That perches in the soul – And sings the tune without the words – And never stops – At all. –Emily Dickinson What are you willing to risk to save a life? A doctor embarks on a ground breaking medical experiment despite the objections of his colleagues. Meanwhile, a couple is torn about whether the doctor has what it takes to save their baby. This is a play about life in the waiting room of a major children’s hospital. This is a play about medical compassion and risk. This is a play about families who find the will to keep going. This is a play about the needs of the heart and the extremes of medicine. This is a play about breaking the rules. This is a play about hope. 2. Buddies in Bad Times Theatre HER2 Opening Tuesday, January 13, 2015 Closing Sunday, February 01, 2015 Address 12 Alexander St, Toronto Company Buddies in Bad Times Theatre - Nightwood Theatre - http://buddiesinbadtimes.com/ Phone 416-975-8555 Category Play - Canadian Writer - Premiere - World - Detail Show Times Tues-Sat at 8:00 pm, Sat/Sun at 2:00 pm Description Faced with an aggressive form of breast cancer, a group of women are recruited for a clinical drug trial. While the researcher measures its progress, the subjects of her experiment for an unbreakable bond characterized not by medical statistics but by courage, wisdom, and humour. An epic story of survival from Canada's national women's theatre company. 3. Berkerly St Theatre The Seagull Opening Sunday, January 11, 2015 Closing Sunday, February 08, 2015 Venue Address 26 Berkeley St, Toronto https://www.canadianstage.com/online/seagull Phone 416.368.3110 Description A play about the cruelty of love - a story about how we create stories - and about the heartbreakingly wide expanse between the life we live and the life we long for. Chekhov's The Seagull was a spectacular failure when it premiered in 1895, but has survived to become one of the masterpieces of the modern era. Starring Yanna McIntosh, Eric Peterson, Tom Rooney and Bahia Watson, Crow's Theatres award-winning director Chris Abraham will bring to life this astonishingly contemporary play about a family at the end of era, facing an uncertain future. Following 2013's Someone Else and Winners and Losers, Crow's Theatre presents another powerful production at the Berkeley Street Theatre. 4. Alumnae Theatre - Main Stage Blood Relations Opening Friday, January 23, 2015 Closing Saturday, February 07, 2015 Venue Address 70 Berkeley St, Toronto Company Alumnae Theatre URL http://www.alumnaetheatre.com/season.html Phone 416-364-4170, Press 1. Category Play - College/Community Theatre - Go To Description In this Governor General's Awardwinning play, Sharon Pollock's ORIGINAL perspective takes us on a psychological journey, bringing the past to life in a search for a possible answer, a motive. The only suspect, the real Lizzie Borden, was acquitted of murdering her father and stepmother, but in Blood Relations, the chilling question still repeats. 5. Tarragon Theatre Abyss Opening Tuesday, February 03, 2015 Closing Sunday, March 15, 2015 Venue Tarragon Theatre - Extra Space Address 30 Bridgman Ave, Toronto Company Tarragon Theatre URL http://tarragontheatre.com/ Phone 416.531.1827 Category Play - Canadian Writer - Description MISSING. Karla Zuckowski, 24. Last seen before she left for the grocery store in blue jeans, a green parka and her red rubber rain boots. The police and papers ignore the disappearance, leaving her loved ones to discover the truth. Suspicions turn to her lover Vlado, born into terror and war. He is the kind that finds and he must find Karla. A search for Karla becomes a search for the self in this poetic thriller and modern day epic cloaked in the mystery of Europe’s underworld. The first-ever international playwright in-residence at Tarragon, German playwright Maria Milisavljevic makes her Canadian debut with Abyss, which was first presented at the Deutsches Theater Berlin (as Brandung) and won the prestigious 2013 Kleist Promotional Award for Young Dramatists. 6. Canadian Stage
More Less
Unlock Document

Only pages 1-2 are available for preview. Some parts have been intentionally blurred.

Unlock Document
You're Reading a Preview

Unlock to view full version

Unlock Document

OR

Don't have an account?

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit