HIST 150 Lecture Notes - Lecture 7: Einhard, King-Tv, Mozarabs

53 views3 pages
26 Jul 2018
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Early middle ages i. 500-1000 ad ii. rise of islam: arabia in the 6th century. Mecca i. wealthy ii. lots of traffic iii. trade iv. cultural center v. important religious center vi. over 300 different gods and goddesses in a shrine vii. bedouins: nomadic, no one leader, military, the prophet muhammad. the angel gabriel came to him with messages from god i. messages became the basis of islam: qur"an. He was asked to leave mecca in 622. He returned to mecca and took it over: expansion and conquest. Civil war breaks out over who should rule. The franks stopped the islamic expansion in tour france. became first capitol of islam i. eventually became baghdad. translates to striving i. greater jihad and lesser jihad: greater is to make oneself a better muslim, lesser is bringing islam to non believers, al-andalus. influential family i. visigoths iii. anglo-saxon england: 550-1066, political landscape. Christianity doesn"t disappear but there is a rise of paganism. In 1066 christianity is the only main religion.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers