BIOL2000 Lecture Notes - Lecture 14: Porton, Structural Motif, Threonine

51 views4 pages
28 Oct 2015
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Organisms an be classified according to their energy and carbon sources: phototrophs: energy from sunlight carbon dioxide + water --> sugar + oxygen. Carbon from organic compounds: chemotrophs: energy from chemical compounds organic molecules + oxygen --> carbon dioxide + water. Metabolism is the set of chemical actions that sustain life: metabolism: the chemical reactions that convert molecules into other molecules and transfer energy in living organisms. Catabolism: set of chemical reactions that break down molecules into i. smaller units and in the process, produce atp. Anabolism: set of chemical reactions that build molecules from smaller ii. units and require an input of energy, in the form of atp. 6. 2 energy: energy: system"s capacity to do work. Kinetic and potential energy are two forms of energy: kinetic energy: energy of motion i. ii. iii. iv. Thermal energy: potential energy: stored energy i. surroundings. Depends on the structure of the object or its position relative to its.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers