Business Law
Course
BSLW 1156
Professor
Mindy
Semester
Fall

Description
What do you do when you are in front of a judge? When you are a plaintiff and one of the people of the United State (or a state) in a court of record the judge has no power to make a decision unless you grant it to him. The tribunal (you or a jury) is independent of the magistrate, and all judges in California are magistrates (California Penal Code, Section 808). When in court there is no need to argue your case.All of your arguments should have been made in the preceding paperwork. The only reason for a court hearing is to give the court an opportunity to ask questions of the litigants to clarify any points.Anything you say in court is considered a novation to your papers on file; your verbal actions override your previous papers. Here are some suggestions on conducting a court procedure: 1. DO NOT VERBALLY DISCUSSANYTHING IN COURT. The judges and attorneys in court are wordmasters. They are much more practiced at word interpretation and manipulation than you.Any thing you say will be held against you, and will provide opportunities to nullify your paperwork. The best thing is not to discuss anything. When the judge asks you anything about your papers or points, you should only say, "I have nothing to say. It's all in my filed papers, your Honor." That forces the judge to consider your papers rather than what you may say in the hearing. 2. OBJECT TOANYTHIN
More Less

Related notes for BSLW 1156

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit