1st Assignment Spring.docx

1 Page

Department
Information Systems
Course Code
ISYS 1021
Professor
Ransbotham/ Xu

This preview shows half of the first page. Sign up to view the full page of the document.
Description
Chantz Delgado 1) Web 2.0 focuses on Peer Production. This allows their users to work  collaboratively to create content and provide services online. As a result, the  content created is shared and commented on by the rest of the community. This  differs from prior Internet sites because the older versions of the web paid many  experts to provide the content on the web which others are able to read and learn.  This causes the site to lose a lot of money. Web 2.0 focuses on paying a few  experts and allowing the content to be changed easily by peers, which provides  the world with many minute details and examples. Groups make better decisions  than expert individuals due to the diversity of opinions, and Web 2.0 capitalizes  on this fact. 2) I feel like I can trust content within a Wiki because granted, anyone can make  alterations but, if someone makes a false change to the information on a Wiki,  usually within 10 minutes, the experts who are getting paid to work on the site  will fix it. All changes are attributed so that others can see who made a given edit.  Additionally, a complete revision history is maintained so changes can be  compared against prior versions and rolled back as needed. However, I believe  that if both the encyclopedia and a Wiki contain information about the same topic,  the encyclopedia will most likely be more accurate. Consequently, Wikis will  have information on more and recent topics whereas the encyclopedia will not.  Newspaper articles are very accurate but I feel like there is a lot of opinions in  those articles so I would much rather rely on Wiki
More Less
Unlock Document

Only half of the first page are available for preview. Some parts have been intentionally blurred.

Unlock Document
You're Reading a Preview

Unlock to view full version

Unlock Document

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit