MGMT1021 Lecture Notes - Lecture 20: Body Mass Index, Job Satisfaction, Organizational Culture

65 views3 pages

Document Summary

Session 20: influencing others: leadership: what is leadership, the social processes whereby one individual influences others toward attaining some desired goal, history of leadership b. i. Basic idea: if you have traits x, y, z you"ll be more likely to engage in the behaviors associated with effective leadership b. i. 3. Face shape can influence perceptions of leadership b. i. 3. b. b. i. 3. c. Better for understanding people"s typical beliefs on leadership than effective leadership itself b. i. 4. b. Intelligence, masculinity, and dominance are b. i. 5. potential leadership. Each individual"s underlying assumptions, stereotypes, or beliefs influence the extent to which a follower views his/her leader as good or bad b. i. 5. b. So, the trait approach may actually be studies of culture b. ii. Consideration: care and concern for one"s followers, building trust, etc. b. ii. 1. b. Initiating structure: clearly defining roles, tasks, and methods of execution b. ii. 1. c. Integration: keeping a team together settling b. ii. 2. disputes among followers, ensuring harmony in the team.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers