Theology
Course
THEO 1088
Professor
Walton
Semester
Spring

Description
Friday, February 3, 2017 Theo Criticisms Jeremiah 31:31 new covenant is coming i will be their god and they shall be my people how does this apply to the last few class periods? its a passage that the new testament authors can use old dynasty vs new perhaps a messiah coming new covenant not like the covenant that i made with their fathers ex: some christians wanted to completely get rid of the jewish roots qumran community thought that they were the ones getting the new covenant new testament says jesus is the one to fulfill the new covenant (new testament means new covenant) heb 1:1 before, god spoke by the prophets but now speaks by Jesus this is the answer to the days are coming in jeremiah what does this mean for people? how does jesus fulfill the convenant read the hebrew bible, try to understand it by writing new documents to fulfill the new covenant via jesus didnt think they were writing scripture, they were just explaining and writing communities in ANE wanted to read about how other people fulfilled the covenant read pauls writings with old testaments, read gospels, fame grows, etc have to start copying (hard to rewrite because its expensive and difficult work) 1
More Less

Related notes for THEO 1088

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit