CAS BI 525 Lecture Notes - Lecture 6: Dnm1L, Tfeb, Autophagy

14 views3 pages

Document Summary

Class notes for bi525/ne525: lecture 7: alpha synuclein and: alpha-syn. Is the ability of alpha-syn ability to damage mitochondria a result of loss of physiological function or gain of toxic function? a. i. Alpha-syn ko (knockout) does not affect mitochondrial integrity a. i. 1. Loss of physiological function would expect a change in mitochondrial because alpha sync would be gone a. ii. It is a gain of toxic function a. ii. 1. Larger aggregates are protective because small aggregates are the toxic species (oligomer: mechanism: b. i. Alpha-syn effects on mitochondrial fragmentation are independent of drp1 b. i. 1. b. i. 2. Decrease in fragmentation when drp 1 knockout of alpha synuclein but still occurs b. ii. Oligomeric alpha-syn directly acts on membranes, clustering and driving fission of artificial membranes b. ii. 1. Can see decrease in size when alpha-syn is present (slide 36: autophagy in pd, autophagy to get rid of aggregates and to get rid of dysfunctioning mitochondria, autophagy steps: b. i. Atg (specific genes) important in synthesis of membrane b. i. 1. a.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers