CAS BI 525 Lecture Notes - Lecture 8: Pink1, Tfeb, Dnm1L

16 views2 pages

Document Summary

Ne525/bi 525 lecture 8 (part 1): parkinson"s disease: parkin and pink1: parkin and pink1: mitochondria and pd, review of previous pertinent material: a. i. 2 mechanisms that can justify a gain of toxic function for alpha-syn a. i. 1. a. i. 2. Blocking tfeb ability to go to the nucleus (aggregates) Fragmentation of the mitochondria by mechanism independent of fission a. ii. What is the protein that regulates fission (drp-1) a. iii. When something goes wrong there is often a secondary effect a. iii. 1. Ex: alpha-syn toxic function leading to mitochondrial dysfunction: type of proteins for parkin and pink1 (e3 ligase for one, and other?) c. Normally: important for autophagy and mitophagy: parkin, parkin overview a. i. Protein e3 ligase: receive activated ubiquitin that transfers it to the target enzyme to mark for degradation, substrate specific a. i. 1. a. i. 2. a. i. 3. Juvenile forms of parkinson autosomal recessive a. iii. Characterized by two ring finger domains (ring: recently identified new gene) important for parkin to be an e3 ligase a. iv.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers