HDF 306 Lecture Notes - Lecture 2: Decision-Making, Imaginary Audience, Egocentrism

37 views2 pages

Document Summary

Thinking about possibilities: hypothetical thinking (if i were you, i , example: putting themselves in others situation, adolescents" emotions tend to be impacted by others" emotions easily. Thinking about abstract concepts: be able to think something that cannot be directly observed, example: moon project teachers have students come up with what you need for one week on the moon. Egocentrism: imaginary audience: e. g. , i am the focus of the crowd, personal fable: my experience is unique. Thinking in multiple dimensions: thinking through more complicated lenses, example: i am both shy and extroverted, relativism: shift from seeing things in absolute terms to seeing things as relative. Limbic system: processing emotion, processing social information, processing reward and punishment. Functional connectivity: physical connections between distant brain regions. Theory of mind: the ability to understand that others have beliefs, intentions, and knowledge that may be different from one"s own.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers