ENGL-2140 Lecture Notes - Lecture 6: Edwin Arlington Robinson, Edgar Lee Masters, Frank Norris

37 views2 pages
7 May 2018
Department
Course
Professor
English 6
Robert W. Chambers“In the Court of the Dragon”
“Then I sank into the depths, and I heard the King in Yellow whispering to my soul: ‘It is a
fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God!’”
Edgar Lee Masters “Barry Holden”
“And just as I entered there was my wife, Standing before me, big with child.She started the
talk of the mortgaged farm, And I killed her.”
Edwin Arlington Robinson “The Dark House”
“After that from everywhere, Singing life will find him there; Then the door will open wide, And
my friend, again outside, Will be living, having died.”
Frank Norris “Lauth”
“Either it could not die or else was dying slowly. In course of time all likeness to the human form
disappeared from the body. By some unspeakable process the limbs, arms, and features slowly
resolved themselves into one another. A horrible, shapeless mass lay upon the floor. And yet,
until decomposition had set in, some kind of life was contained in it. It lived, but lived not as do
find more resources at oneclass.com
find more resources at oneclass.com
Unlock document

This preview shows half of the first page of the document.
Unlock all 2 pages and 3 million more documents.

Already have an account? Log in

Document Summary

Robert w. chambers in the court of the dragon . Then i sank into the depths, and i heard the king in yellow whispering to my soul: it is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living god!" . And just as i entered there was my wife, standing before me, big with child. She started the talk of the mortgaged farm, and i killed her. After that from everywhere, singing life will find him there; then the door will open wide, and my friend, again outside, will be living, having died. Either it could not die or else was dying slowly. In course of time all likeness to the human form disappeared from the body. By some unspeakable process the limbs, arms, and features slowly resolved themselves into one another. A horrible, shapeless mass lay upon the floor. And yet, until decomposition had set in, some kind of life was contained in it.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers