PSY 034 Lecture Notes - Lecture 18: Longitudinal Study, Therapeutic Relationship, Etiology

25 views3 pages

Document Summary

Hallucinations: visual, auditory(most common) critical,aggressive loud noise. 2 types: good insight vs. no insight(know about schizophrenia, but doesn"t see he"s having it) 95% history of behavioral, social, and psychiatric disturbances prior to the onset of psychosis. ask history about odd behavior: awkward gait. Developmental precursors speech, motor development, movement abnormalities, unusual thought content, suspicion, substance abuse. Prodromal stage: before symptoms become active, age 18-19, repressive, roughly. 2 years, 85% patients have experienced this stage, less severe yet unusual. Ideas of reference : read something in book, thinking that"s meant for me. Active manifestations: psychotic, obvious something is wrong, that"s when the person goes to the doctor. Persecution: thought the lighting sky is ufo and is zeroing in her they are(my child is not my child). Cotard"s syndromes: eg. one thinks he has lost organ,blood or body parts, no souls, he"s dead, etc. Pet scanning indicates the brain is in coma/sleep. Hallucinations: sensory experience in absence of environmental stimuli or input.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers