EDEX 142 Lecture Notes - Lecture 2: Proctor, O'Higgins F.C., Family Educational Rights And Privacy Act

43 views2 pages

Document Summary

Changed to ideia: individuals with disabilities education improvement act (2004) Schools cannot disclose information to third parties without the student"s or parents" written permission. Process that all students go through when they get screened for kindergarten i. Do students know their letters, numbers, colors, etc. Students are taking the school bus to class now--developmentally is this good for students? i. Can be very difficult for students to leave their parents. Different types of screenings and analyses (pssas and keystones) i. ii. iii. Group test--pssa and keystone tests--(students are all sitting a classroom and take the test with a proctor) Individual test is when there"s only one student in the room with the test administer i. e. iq tests, speech evaluation, language evaluation, etc. Language problem: when students have trouble understanding the meanings of words, or have trouble speaking to other students. Tests can be requested by parents, teachers, counselors, psychologists, etc.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers