PHIL 101 Lecture Notes - Lecture 24: Solipsism, Practical Philosophy, Intersubjectivity

8 views2 pages

Document Summary

Fichte"s practical philosophy is the whole system of practical deduction of the consciousness, this deduction conceives the "i" as sovereign and active in front of the "non-i". The absolute self is basically an infinite effort (unendliches streben) to convert everything that is not self (nature, matter) into self (spirit, consciousness). The root of moral consciousness in the self is the impulse for self-realization and self-determination. Although as an object, man is an organized product of nature (impulses, needs), as a subject (i) he is fully self-determined, that is, intelligent and free. Fichte"s ethics is idealistic in the sense that the individual effort in the bottom is nothing more than. 1 the self-activity of the absolute i in the individual. Fichte distinguishes between formal freedom that is simply a state of conscience (or will), and the material freedom that is expressed through moral actions.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers