PSYCH 101 Lecture Notes - Lecture 13: Sensory System, False Alarm, Absolute Threshold

52 views4 pages
18 Oct 2020
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Stimulation of sensory receptor cells and their relay to higher centers in brain for processing: how light waves stimulate rods and cones, sensory receptor cells: neurons firing depending upon. Perception: interpretation of that sensory information so that it has meaning: neuron levels firing at higher levels or processing in the brain, perception of sight: firing of neurons in your occipital lobe. What you actually see is the perception part of neuron activity in your occipital lobe. We use sensory information (senses) in combination with each other: when i hear something, i may turn my eyes. In terms of higher levels of sensory processing stimulation of one set of sensory receptor cells of red light waves. Hearing: stimulus: sound waves, receptors: hair cells. Vision: stimulus: light waves, receptors: rods and cones that respond to different frequency of light waves. Hearing and vision similar bc they respond to physical dimensions of waves.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers