PUBH 1101 Lecture Notes - Lecture 2: Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, Cohort Study, Laryngeal Cancer

26 views3 pages
19 May 2016
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

B. distribution of disease a. epidemiologists investigate person/place factors in determining patterns or associations in frequency of disease i. group associations ideas of hypotheses about cause or etiology ii. person factors refer to age, gender, race, ses, etc iii. place factors refer to geographic locale, urban/rural iv. risk indicators occur more frequently among groups with disease than v. epidemiologists question the following: without. B. two basic types of rates that describe disease a. incidence rate measures the chance of developing disease over a year specifically # of new cases of disease over one year/# of at risk population i. case fatality is the relationship between the incidence rate and dying from disease upon diagnosis b. prevalence rate number of individuals who have a disease at a particular time/ by # in the at risk population (i. e. the proportion/percentage of people who have disease) i. prevalence is best used for the burden of a health problem especially in chronic disease.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers