HSP M 101 Lecture Notes - Lecture 14: Organizational Culture

23 views3 pages

Document Summary

The hospitality manager (wide range of knowledge and skills needed) **accepts feedback** (ask a lot: i want you to be successful in your job. Am i doing anything that keeps you from being successful?) Using what you have to do what you need to do. ~managers may use different styles based on the situation. Democratic: equals, part of the decision making process. Laissez-faire: employees do what they want, no interference. It may be easier to use different management styles to manage different employees. Standards of conduct, values, and principles often differ among people. Concern and respect: be considerate of person affect by decisions. Accountability: responsibility for decisions after they are made. You should ask yourself, would i share my decision with my boss or family? . Stress comes from guests, employees, managers/owners, and self. Four steps: preparation, select task, clearly define it, planning, select employees. Professional development (things you do to further your career)

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers