SPH-M 304 Lecture Notes - Lecture 8: Markelle Fultz, Otto Porter, Kyle Korver

23 views2 pages
18 May 2018
School
Department
Course
Professor
I believe the top player targets in the first round should be Lonzo Ball, Luke Kennard, and Markelle Fultz.
I mention these players because they all had a field goal percentage way above average in addition to a
very high 3-point percentage. Last year Ball shot 55.1% from the field and a 41.2% for the 3-point line.
Stats like these will help the tea a lot ad further the tea’s peretages. Keard ad Fultz oth put
up similar numbers that will help the team win the game. For the second round a target I would like to
see is Damyean Dotson. In college last year he shot .469% from the field and .441% from 3 point is
astonishing and he was taken in the second round making him a good player with high upside. The
combination of one of the players mentioned in the first round and a player like Dotson would really
improve the team in the stat categories that need work.
Currently, the teams 3-point percentage is not very good and one of the reasons the team
struggled was because starting point guard TJ McConnell. As a point guard, the team looks for that
position to stay around the 3 point line and make shots. Although he did not take many shots he only
shot a mere .200 from 3 point. After careful consideration, I tried to find a few players that could make
this team better without breaking the bank. My first trade choice would be for Otto Porter Jr. he is a
great player who will bring a good presence to a young team and he would cost much a first draft pick
and maybe a bench player could steal him away from the wizards. Last year he shot 51.6% from the field
and 43.4% from 3 point. A similar player in terms of statistics would be Kyle Korver, I like him because he
is an experienced veteran who would not cost as much as Porter because he is a little older. Lastly, I
would try to trade for a player like Cody Zeller. Similar to the other players he is a good experienced
player who can help the team inside with their field goal percentage.
In summary, the 76ers need to improve their shooting from the field and the three point. I think
a good route is to first go through the current team and then make decisions on which players are not
performing after a few weeks of training then determine which position to go with in the first round, but
it should be one of those three because those are very good from the categories needed, then select
find more resources at oneclass.com
find more resources at oneclass.com
Unlock document

This preview shows half of the first page of the document.
Unlock all 2 pages and 3 million more documents.

Already have an account? Log in

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class