NUTR 395 Lecture Notes - Lecture 1: Fokker E.Ii, Health Insurance Portability And Accountability Act

47 views2 pages
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Loss of confidentiality is major complaint: must be aware of regulations and comply with them b. i. Hipaa: health insurance portability and accountability act a. i. Aims to improve health care by making electronic records available to care providers a. ii. Concerns sharing of client information in any format and maintenance of privacy a. iii. Allows clients to access their own information a. v. Directs activities of whole area: rd b. i. Provides nutrition care for patients: dietetic technician, registered c. i. Assists the rd: dietetic assistant or clerk d. i. Health care team: medical doctors md or do a. i. Provide emotional support to patients and families b. iii. Screen patients for additional problems: pharmacists c. i. Compound iv nutrition solutions: occupational therapists d. i. Assist/train activities of daily living (adl: speech-language pathologists e. i. Medical nutrition therapy = nutritional diagnosis, therapy and counseling services for the purpose of disease management which are furnished by a rd or nutrition professional a. ii. Mnt involves all aspects of the patient"s life a. iii.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers