BMRT 11009 Lecture Notes - Lecture 38: Attribution Bias, Ageism, Stereotype

12 views4 pages

Document Summary

Tendency to attribute to an individual the characteristics one believes are typical of the group to which that individual belongs. Research revealed that men were preferred for male-dominated jobs, women have harder time being perceived as effective leaders. Inaccurately believing that older workers are less motivated, resistant to change, less trusting, and less healthy (research refuted all of these). Studies demonstrated that people of color experienced more perceived discrimination and less psychological support than whites. Attitudes or beliefs that affect our understanding, actions, and decisions in an unconscious manner. I really don"t think i"m biased, but i just have feelings about some people. Implicit bias affects employment-related decisions: a recent study showed that both racism and ageism has impacted hiring decisions. Requiring intergroup contact, positive feedback, clear norms of behavior. Forming an impression of an individual based on a single trait. One trait tells me all i need to know.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers