BMRT 11009 Lecture Notes - Lecture 43: Pitch Shift
SchoolKent State University
DepartmentBusiness Management and Related Technologies
Course CodeBMRT 11009
This preview shows half of the first page. to view the full 3 pages of the document.
– A socially determined expectation of how an individual should behave in a
– Consists of behavior that concentrates on getting the team’s tasks done; for
example, initiator, information seeker, opinion giver, elaborator, coordinator,
– Consists of behavior that fosters constructive relationships among team
members; for example, encourager, harmonizer, compromiser, standard setter,
Layla works during her meeting to pull together the ideas of her committee members into a
coherent whole. Layla is performing a ___________ role.
– General guidelines or rules of behavior that most group or team members
Why are norms followed?
– To help the group survive.
– To clarify role expectations.
– To help individuals avoid embarrassing situations.
– To emphasize group importance and identity.
EFFECTIVE TEAM PROCESSES
– Are “members’ independent acts that convert inputs to outcomes through
cognitive, verbal, and behavioral activities directed toward organizing task work
to achieve collective goals.”
Activities to improve team processes:
– Create a team charter.
– Engage in team reflexivity.
– Give team members a voice.
– Process in which one party perceives that its interests are being opposed or
negatively affected by another party.
– Benefits the main purposes of the organization and serves its interests.
You're Reading a Preview
Unlock to view full version