PSYC 40445 Lecture Notes - Lecture 17: Extraversion And Introversion, Correlation Does Not Imply Causation, Transformational Leadership

8 views3 pages

Document Summary

Vision part v: top-down processing, perception is not automatic from raw stimuli, context is needed to build perception, meaning is constructed by making inferences, guessing from experience, and basing one perception on another, template theory: Perception as a cookie cutter: basics of template theory. Compare stimuli to templates in memory for one with greatest overlap until a match is found: template theory, weakness of theory. Cannot account for the flexibility of pattern recognition system. More problems : template theory, more weaknesses of theory. Comparison requires identical orientation, size, position of template to stimuli. Does not explain how two patterns differ: e. g. , there"s something wrong with it this, but i can"t put my finger on it . I see: feature theories, recognize objects on the basis of a small number of characteristics (features) Detect specific elements and assemble them into more complex forms.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers