PHYS 130 Lecture Notes - Lecture 16: Circular Reasoning, Injustice 2, Evil Demon

56 views7 pages
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Exam #2 study guide: present, explain, and evaluate russell"s appearance vs. Real properties of an object are stable but the more properties we perceive a. ii. a. iii. change. If (a) then the properties, we perceive are not real properties of objects. If the properties, we perceive are not real properties of objects then our beliefs about objects require inferences from the sense data we directly perceive a. iv. Therefore, our belief about objects require inferences from the series of data we directly perceive: explain: b. i. The table does not always look like a rectangle: evaluate: c. i. 1. c. i. 2. Sound argument: present, explain, and evaluate descartes" argument for doubt based on sense. Argument for doubt based on sense perception a. i. 1. My senses have deceived me in the past a. i. 2. If (1) then i have reason to doubt all the beliefs that come from my senses a. i. 3. Therefore, i have reason to doubt all of the beliefs that come from my senses a. ii.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers