BIOL 2051 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: Andrew Wakefield, Atp Synthase, Microorganism

35 views10 pages
25 Aug 2016
School
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Chapter overview: the morphology of typical eukaryal cells, diversity of eukaryal microbes, the origin of eukaryal cells, interactions between eukaryal microbes and animals, plants, and the environment. The morphology of typical eukaryal cells: what do eukaryal cells look like? a. i. Defined by presence of a membrane-bound nucleus where genetic material is located. a. ii. Endoplasmic reticulum(rough er have ribosomes on them) and other structures a. iv. Chapter 3: eukaryal microbes a. vii: the nucleus b. i. Double membrane structure containing linear chromosomes (dna) (prokaryotes are one circular chromosome) b. i. 1. Nucleolus (non-membrane bound) exists within nucleus (functions in ribosome synthesis) b. iii. Spatial separation means transcription occurs in nucleus; translation occurs in cytoplasm b. iii. 1. Because dna is located in nucleus and ribosomes are located in cytoplasm b. iii. 2. Chapter 3: eukaryal microbes: the mitochondria and chloroplasts: a role in cell metabolism c. i. Use electron transport chains to produce atp (chemiosmosis) -hydrogen ion gradient is a source of potential energy that the atp synthase uses to produce.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers