HST 369 Lecture 11: Notes November 15th

36 views3 pages
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

George h. w. bush: american politician who was called a walking resume because he had held so many titles and positions, accused of not standing for anything, he was for something until he was against it. Michael dukakis: the opposite of bush, son of greek immigrant. Miracle because he turned around the state economy so drastically: never left boston, he was a geek who loved to talk details, had great trouble connecting with the people outside of his home area of boston. The war on drugs, war on crime. New jim crow: mass incarceration because of the war on drugs. Crack cocaine use becomes a federal crime while powdered cocaine is not, seemingly racializing crime because rich whites do blow and lower class people do crack. 1991 writes apology to michael dukakis apologizing for the way he campaigned (cid:862)while i did(cid:374)"t i(cid:374)(cid:448)e(cid:374)t (cid:374)egati(cid:448)e politi(cid:272)s, i a(cid:373) o(cid:374)e of its (cid:373)ost a(cid:396)de(cid:374)t p(cid:396)a(cid:272)titio(cid:374)e(cid:396)s(cid:863: represents a new tone in politics.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers