KNH 411 Lecture Notes - Lecture 24: Body Composition, Micronutrient, Measuring Instrument

6 views8 pages

Document Summary

Is a continuous process assessment + reassessment. Identification of nutrition care indicators = can be observed and measured. Detective phase of the ncp collect and analyze data. What is happening with the patient? past vs. present. Will help inform nutrition diagnosis (step 2) Biochemical data, medical tests, and procedures (bd) What data should i collect: consider relevance to patient/population, consider invasiveness, expense, value, consider initial assessment or reassessment, methods, highly invasive, highly expensive, rarely used methods, body composition (ex. Dxa), micronutrient biochemical markers: moderately invasive, moderately expensive, sometimes used methods, bmp, cmp, lipids, a1c, cbc, least invasive, least expensive, frequenty used, height, weight, bmi, wc, diet recall, nfpe. How do i know if the data i collect is valid: focus on data that can be observed and measured. Goal: match the most relevant (important), least invasive, least expensive nutrition assessment parameters to the patient situation taking into consideration accuracy, reliability, and validity of the assessment tool, method, technique or procedure.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers