ANP 203 notes (class)-----4/16/13
• Settlement Patterning:
• Communities: Spatial entities that contain a group of people who encounter each other on a
◦ Associated with a settlement: group of houses and other buildings (this is a spatial unit)
• Size- How big? How extensive.
• Form deals with the distribution of things.
• Composition- deals with the function of the settlement. What kind of activities takes place
• Activities relates to the settlements function.
• Several factors that can impact a communities func