ITAL 3005 Lecture Notes - Lecture 4: Chicago Cubs, Conditionality, Cooperative Game Theory

43 views4 pages
11 May 2018
School
Department
Course
Professor
Lindsay Alfermann
Assignment 4
For the completion of this assignment, I once again visited the CDL (Child
Development Lab) on Mizzou’s campus. I enjoy going there because it is an environment
that fosters a safe space for children to play and learn. The security system within the lab
ensures that no one can enter the CDL without approval and also that the young children
cannot leave within school hours. There are multiple classrooms in which the children are
divided by age (infants, preschoolers, young children). Thus, all children are among others
that are similar in age, development, and playing style. The classroom for young children is
organized in a thoughtful, structured way that promotes learning through play. Although
there are typical learning devices in the classroom like books or number/letter charts, there
are also opportunities to learn through activities like painting and games. Toys are made
available at nearly all times as they are organized and stored in cubbies at eye level for the
children. Having constant and immediate access to these objects influences a unique style of
play that seems to never end. When the children are in the classroom, unless they are
instructed otherwise, they are able to play consistently.
A child may choose to do one activity for an extended period of time, or to switch off
and play with a variety of toys throughout their school day. As an effect, a child may become
aggravated if another child is taking too much time with a toy and is not sharing. This is a
social situation that all children must learn to navigate, but may lead to aggression. In one
instance that I witnessed, the teacher noticed one boy sitting off to the side of the play area
and staring at another boy who had spent a lot of time with a certain toy. Since the boy spent
a large amount of time with the toy, he displayed well developed attentional ability. The boy
find more resources at oneclass.com
find more resources at oneclass.com
Unlock document

This preview shows page 1 of the document.
Unlock all 4 pages and 3 million more documents.

Already have an account? Log in

Document Summary

For the completion of this assignment, i once again visited the cdl (child. I enjoy going there because it is an environment that fosters a safe space for children to play and learn. The security system within the lab ensures that no one can enter the cdl without approval and also that the young children cannot leave within school hours. There are multiple classrooms in which the children are divided by age (infants, preschoolers, young children). Thus, all children are among others that are similar in age, development, and playing style. The classroom for young children is organized in a thoughtful, structured way that promotes learning through play. Although there are typical learning devices in the classroom like books or number/letter charts, there are also opportunities to learn through activities like painting and games. Toys are made available at nearly all times as they are organized and stored in cubbies at eye level for the children.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers