PSYCH 2320 Lecture Notes - Lecture 1: Preconscious, Sex Organ, Overdetermination

18 views3 pages
6 Jul 2016
School
Department
Professor

Document Summary

The birth of psychoanalysis: hysteria ( wandering womb ) Hypnosis: jean charcot vs the nancy clinic. Willful concentration suggested to freud that there could be a dynamic unconscious. Frau emmy von n: don"t come near me! . = don"t touch me/don"t come near me : yield of frau emmy von n. That the meaning of symptoms is often conflict of a certain kind: self vs. duty. The symptoms serve a purpose they get the person out. N. of the conflictful situation: astasia-abasia, she could not be hypnotized , drawing on willful concentration and an idea he got from creative writing . A multitude of unconscious conflicts underline hysterical symptoms: yield of fraulein elisabeth. The goal of psychoanalysis is to bring unconscious conflicts into conscious awareness. Ways to improve the chances that transference will happen . Psychoanalysis is born: freud"s theory is grand theory because it addresses all aspects of human life. Motivation: sex (and death) but mostly sex.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers