BUS 255 Lecture 6: How To Write A Cover Letter

39 views2 pages

Document Summary

Dear hiring manager: 1st paragraph: intro to reason for writing letter. I"m interested in applying to xyz position in xyz company. Don"t be afraid to name drop: i heard about __________ position in your __________ department from. ______________ (name of person you heard of position from): make sure the person who you name-dropped knows/remembers who you are. Time to sell yourself: make sure you have their permission as well, 2nd paragraph: body, about 2-3 paragraphs. Don"t be overly clever/cheesy; be as professional as possible. Don"t repeat word for word what"s in resume: don"t bullet same things. Compare job description w/ what you"ve accomplished & use them to: highlight specific things from resume. highlight, match qualifications. Thank you, (skip a few lines) if handing in to a person, empty space should have hand- written signature. I am interested in applying for your _________ internship with your ____________ department. I have attached my cover letter and resume for your review.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers