1.According to Solomon and Corbit's theory of emotions, after you have experienced an intense fear as
a result of a robbery attempt, you will experience ______.
2. The opponent-process theory of emotion has been used to explain:
Addiction to certain drugs like heroin and amphetamines
3. Is there any research support for the saying, 'Put on a happy face, and the world seems like a better
Yes, Ekman's research seems to support the idea that feedback from facial muscles does relate to
4. The GAS consists of three images: an alarm reaction, a resistance stage, and an ________________.
5. Most contemporary researchers feel that an adequate definition of stress must take ________,
_________, and ____________ into account:
Physiological responses, Psychological responses and External stressors
6. Inducing experimental participants to smile led them to report _____________ feelings.
7.According to the ________________ theory of emotions, the key process in emotional arousal is
how important we interpret feedback from our bodies in light of our present situation.
8. The __________________________ states that the same body state of arousal can lead to a variety
of emotions depending on an individual's interpretation.
9. Which theory of emotion proposes that differences in physiological arousal during individual
emotions are minor and that cognitions play the major role in determining the emotion felt?
10.According to the Schachter-Singer theory, people will do what if physiological arousal is induced
artificially through the use of drugs?
Experience an emotion if there is something to which they can attribute the emotion to.
11. Charles Darwin 1872 believed that many of our emotions are expressed by our facial expressions
and that these expressions are ________________________.
inherited, universal traits
12. The fight-or-flight reaction provides ___________ for muscular activity, which is used to fight or
flee the danger.
13. When compared to TypeApeople, Type B people tend to be more: relaxed, easy going, and not driven to achieve perfection
14. The two TypeAtraits that seem to play an especially important role in coronary heart disease are:
hostility and expression of aggression
15. Highest blood pressure readings have been recorded among residents of:
16. Stress affects the immune system by:
suppressing it, causing the body to b