PSY 0160 Lecture Notes - Lecture 7: Psy

38 views4 pages
School
Department
Course

Document Summary

Personality ch 5 carl rogers person centered theory of personality. A psychodynamic approach as opposed to freudian psychoanalytic view. Phenomenological theory: focuses on a person"s subjective experiences in the world. Carl rogers: born 1902 raised in strict religious and ethical family. Originally went to college, then seminary, then child guidance in clinical psych. Constant struggle to integrate religious with scientific, intuitive with objective, clinical with statistical. 1968 rogers and colleagues developed center for studies of the person. Went from formal academic structure to work with other experts who shared his perspective, from disturbed patients and individual therapy to normal individuals and intensive group workshops, from conventional research to phenomenological study of people. 14 principles from his hours of therapy and research. It does not help to act as though i were something i am not. Experience is, for me, the highest authority. It has been my experience that persons have a basically positive direction.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers