01:830:364 Lecture Notes - Lecture 1: Dysphoria, Emotional And Behavioral Disorders, Comorbidity

24 views3 pages

Document Summary

Negative emotional states (pain and dysphoria): depression, anxiety, and excessive stress. Different people have different resilience to different kind of stressors. Positive emotional states (pleasure and euphoria): reward and addiction. May be a positive thing into religion, war, etc. Others may experience with drugs etc. for that pleasure. Every time you experience pleasure you activate primitive circuit in brain. Psychomotor activation has a mental aspect to it. I just got rewarded and i am looking for more. (inate ability) activates reward circuit. Association is different than pleasure (when you do pleasurable things w/ certain ppl in certain places) Addiction is the pursuit of pleasure gone mad. Depression: people who are sad because cannot experience pleasure. Fully functioning individual has a reason to get up in morning. If i do this then i can do this and then that etc. They see themselves moving forward in life making progress. Depressed person will say i have no reason to get up.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers