PSY 321 Lecture Notes - Lecture 4: Conscientiousness, Occupational Stress, Neuroticism

10 views6 pages
12 Feb 2021
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Chapter 6: counterproductive work behaviors conceptual models and empirical research. Person-based - characteristics of employees in the organization that are leaning to undesirable behaviors. Situation-based - characteristics of the work environment that is leading to problematic behaviors. Trait theory and typical traits studied in i/o. Trait theory - suggests that people have relatively stable patterns of behavior, thoughts, and emotions that can explain how they behave in different situations. Someone"s personality trait may affect how often they engage in negative behaviors at work. Conscientiousness and agreeableness are the best predictors of cwbs overall. Higher scores in conscientious are correlated with lower scores on cwbs. Higher scores in agreeableness are correlated with lower scores on cwbs. How we operationalize cwbs may make a difference on whether certain big five personality traits best predict cwbs. Openness and extraversion tend to not be good predictors of cwb. Abilit t th ht f li d b h i i t i t d d.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers