PSY 230 Lecture Notes - Lecture 24: Auditory Hallucination, Stimulus Modality, Taste

24 views4 pages

Document Summary

Prodromal phase - not actively psychotic, but engaging in different/eccentric behavior; no hallucinations yet. Residual phase - person is recovering but still has some symptoms. Life expectancy is slightly less than average. Typical course is relatively stable functioning with discreet periods of exacerbation. Individual variation in the frequency and intensity of these episodes. Sensory experiences not caused by external stimuli. Beliefs that are often bizarre, and maintained even in the face of evidence that demonstrates that they are false, firm. Preoccupation - difficult to think about other things. Difficult to see the issue in other perspectives. Aliens have inserted sensors in my head and are sending me messages . Being or knowing someone important or famous . Ordinary things in the world are referring to you, or have been specially placed for you, possibly as a message . The cia is out to get me . Experienced by 50-70% of people with schizophrenia.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers